Los Angeles Dental Implants
** Dental Implant Special Price = $899 with Complimentary Sedation
For adults who’ve lost a tooth or teeth to injury, tooth decay, or gum disease, dental implants offer a long-term solution that helps return the look and function of your mouth to a healthy state. Most people who are well enough to undergo routine oral surgery are candidates for dental implants.
Even patients with diabetes, high blood pressure, and other chronic conditions may be able to undergo the procedure. Consult with your Los Angeles dentist to see if dental implants may be right for you.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is essentially an artificial tooth root. These implants may be used to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or even your entire smile. Dental implants can make a permanent denture possible as an alternative to traditional removable dentures or “false teeth.”
The dental implant procedure can often be performed with only local anesthesia. In the most common dental implant procedure, your dentist or oral surgeon implants a titanium post into the jawbone. As your jaw heals, the implant becomes a permanent part of your mouth.
Your dentist in Los Angeles will then bond an abutment (a small connector) to the titanium post to hold a crown (an artificial tooth). The shape of the crown is based on models of your own natural teeth. The crown will match your teeth in color and appearance and should be virtually unnoticeable. For many patients, the dental implant procedure is no more painful than having a tooth extracted.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Depending on the type of dental implant you and your dentist find to be appropriate for you, some or all of the following may be advantages of dental implants.
- Better Appearance: Dental implants look like your natural teeth and can improve the appearance of your smile, which in turn can help you feel better about yourself.
- Convenience: Dental implants are more convenient than traditional dentures because implants never need to be removed.
- Durability: Dental implants typically last for many years; bridges and removable dentures generally have to be replaced about every 15 years.
- Improved Eating: For those with dentures or other dental appliances, chewing may be difficult, and some foods may even be off-limits. With dental implants, which function more like your own teeth, eating is easier.
- Improved Long-Term Oral Health: By replacing only your damaged or missing teeth while leaving nearby teeth undisturbed, dental implants preserve more of your own natural teeth, leading to improved overall oral health.
- Improved Speech: While removable dentures may slip and cause you to slur your words, dental implants are non-removable and do not slip. Dental implants don’t “click” like dentures do.
- Increased Comfort: Removable dentures can become irritating or uncomfortable to the mouth, but dental implants typically do not have these issues.
With dental implants, your dental care team will make sure you know how to take care of your teeth at home. Be sure to follow all home-care instructions carefully.
Even if your implants feel and perform normally, it’s important to see your dentist periodically after a dental implant procedure to make sure you don’t need additional improvements. If cared for properly, your dental implants can last a lifetime.
Concerned about what to expect with a dental implant? Don’t hesitate to call for more information at the location closest to you, the best Los Angeles dental implants specialists.
The office has multiple New Patient Specials which can be seen HERE!